Pr. Benjamin NGUYEN
We have an open tenured associate professor position in Computer Security, opening sept. 2018. Please contact me for more details.
I currently hold the following positions :
- Full professor at INSA Centre Val de Loire (FR), Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondementale d'Orléans (LIFO), since september 2014.
- Head of the Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale d'Orléans (LIFO), since july 2016.
- Director for digital affairs of INSA Centre Val de Loire (FR), since november 2015.
- Member of the CNRS préGDR Sécurité Informatique bureau.
- Associate member of the INRIA, PETRUS Team, since january 2017.
My current research focuses on Privacy & Security in Information Management Systems and Applications. More specifically, I am interested in :
- Anonymization techniques.
- Models to represent, quantify and enforce limited data collection.
- Methods to enforce existing privacy models using secure hardware devices.
- Design and implementation of large scale privacy-by-design personal information management applications (in general interdisciplinary research).
Current Funded Projects
- Projet ANR SendUP (SEmantic Networks of Data: Utility and Privacy), ANR Funding
- Projet ADOPTER (Analyse de Données issues de Tests Volontaires), Région Centre Val de Loire Funding
- Projet Girafon (Grands Graphes: Interrogation, Fouille, Analyse), Région Centre Val de Loire Funding
- Projet Connect-IO (Objets Connectés, INSA/OpenClassrooms), IDEFI-N Funding
- French-Japanese working group on Privacy
- Semi-structured Databases (XML), their query languages (XQuery), and in particular temporal/privacy aspects.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) XML databases, and their confidentiality/security aspects.
I am alumnus of :
- Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (FR) - ENS-Cachan (graduate studies)
- Inria teams
- Athens University of Economics and Business, DB-Net Research Team (post-doc)
- University of Versailles, PRiSM Lab, Data Integration and Management Team (Associate Professor).
- Office CRI 07, INSA Centre Val de Loire, 88 boulevard Lahitolle, CS 60013 - 18022 BOURGES cedex, FRANCE
- Phone : (+33) 2 48 48 40 94
- Email : benjamin [dot] nguyen [at] insa-cvl [dot] fr
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Reply to the Governor, November 11, 1755 in Votes and Proceedings of the House of Representatives, 1755-1756, Philadelphia, pp19-21, 1756.
This humourous drawing of the French Flag, flanked with a British royal emblem is a reference to my strong English roots (the Kilburn family). It was taken from an article found on an English blog explaining why France should join the Commonwealth. Fortunately, my devoir de réserve proscribes any comments on this question.