Pr. Benjamin NGUYEN
We have one open tenured associate professor positions (Maître de Conférences) at INSA Centre-Val de Loire in the SDS team (Systems and Data Security) team, starting sept. 2017. Please contact me if you wish to apply (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I am full professor at INSA Centre Val de Loire (FR), Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondementale d'Orléans (LIFO).
- I am head of the Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale d'Orléans (LIFO), since july 2016.
- I am director for digital affairs of INSA Centre Val de Loire (FR), since november 2015.
- I am associate member of the INRIA, PETRUS Team.
- I am alumnus of
- Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (FR) - ENS-Cachan (graduate studies)
- Inria teams Verso (Ph.D.), GEMO (Post-Doc), and SMIS (Associate Professor & Professor)
- Athens University of Economics and Business, DB-Net Research Team (post-doc)
- University of Versailles, PRiSM Lab, Data Integration and Management Team (Associate Professor).
My current research focuses on Privacy & Security in Information Management Systems and Applications. More specifically, I am interested in :
- Methods to enforce existing privacy models using secure hardware devices.
- Design and implementation of large scale privacy-by-design personal information management applications (in general interdisciplinary research).
- Models to represent, quantify and enforce limited data collection.
Current Funded Projects
- Inria Project Lab CAPPRIS (Collaborative Action for the Protection of Privacy Rights in the Information Society), Inria Funding
- Projet FUI ATELYN (Traçabilité Longitudinale Hybride Unitaire appliquée aux emballages de grande consommation), National Funding
- Projet Girafon (Grands Graphes: Interrogation, Fouille, Analyse), Région Centre Val de Loire Funding
- Projet Connect-IO (Objets Connectés, INSA/OpenClassrooms), IDEFI-N Funding
- Projet VALDO (Valorisation des Données Personnelles), Digital Society Institute Funding
- [www.ambafrance-jp.org/IMG/pdf/2016_cybersecurite_japon.pdf French-Japanese working group on Privacy]
- Semi-structured Databases (XML), their query languages (XQuery), and in particular temporal/privacy aspects.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) XML databases, and their confidentiality/security aspects.
- Office CRI 07, INSA Centre Val de Loire, 88 boulevard Lahitolle, CS 60013 - 18022 BOURGES cedex, FRANCE
- Phone : (+33) 2 48 48 40 94
- Email : benjamin [dot] nguyen [at] insa-cvl [dot] fr
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Reply to the Governor, November 11, 1755 in Votes and Proceedings of the House of Representatives, 1755-1756, Philadelphia, pp19-21, 1756.
This humourous drawing of the French Flag, flanked with a British royal emblem is a reference to my strong English roots (the Kilburn family). It was taken from an article found on an English blog explaining why France should join the Commonwealth. Fortunately, my devoir de réserve proscribes any comments on this question.